You are reading the article Use Android Device As A Microphone For Your Computer updated in October 2023 on the website Dacquyenphaidep.com. We hope that the information we have shared is helpful to you. If you find the content interesting and meaningful, please share it with your friends and continue to follow and support us for the latest updates. Suggested November 2023 Use Android Device As A Microphone For Your Computer
If the microphone on your computer is not working properly, you do not need to panic as long as you have an Android device. By using a free app available on the Internet, you can make your Android device act as a microphone for your computer. That way you should be able to use voice recording and other such programs on your computer even though your computer does not actually have a microphone attached to it.
The app that we are talking about is called WO Mic. It supports all three connectivity options, namely USB, WiFi, and Bluetooth, so I f your aged desktop computer does not have Bluetooth and WiFi, you can get the task done with the USB.Using an Android Device as a Microphone
In order to accomplish the task, you will need to download the app on both your computer and your Android device.
In the following guide, we will be demonstrating the app functionality over a WiFi connection on a Mac as the USB and Bluetooth ones are simple to use compared to the WiFi one. Also, both your computer and your Android device must be on the same WiFi network in order for the app to work.
1. Head over to the Google Play store and download and install WO Mic app on your Android device.
2. If you are using a Windows computer, download and install the WO Mic drivers as well as the WO Mic app.
If you happen to use a Mac, you only need to download and install the WO Mic app; there is no need for drivers.
3. Open the WO Mic app from the app drawer on your device. When the app launches, tap on “Settings” on the top.
4. Tap on “Transport” on the screen that follows to choose the transportation method.
5. You will see three options to choose from on your screen. Tap on the one that says “Wifi.”
6. Head back to the main screen of the app, and you should see an IP address listed there. Note down this IP address, as you will be using it in one of the following steps.
8. When the app launches, enter the IP address that you noted down above in the “Target IP address” input box. Leave both control port and media port with their default values as they are pre-configured.
Checkmark the “Play in speaker” option to test the app functionality.
9. The app should immediately start working, and you should be able to hear the voice that goes into the microphone on your Android device.Conclusion
If the microphone on your computer is broken and you have an important voice call to make, you can use your Android device as a microphone for your computer using the above guide. Hope that helped you!
Mahesh Makvana is a freelance tech writer who’s written thousands of posts about various tech topics on various sites. He specializes in writing about Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android tech posts. He’s been into the field for last eight years and hasn’t spent a single day without tinkering around his devices.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox
Sign up for all newsletters.
You're reading Use Android Device As A Microphone For Your Computer
Update the detailed information about Use Android Device As A Microphone For Your Computer on the Dacquyenphaidep.com website. We hope the article's content will meet your needs, and we will regularly update the information to provide you with the fastest and most accurate information. Have a great day!